4 credit hours
GenEd credit for Quant I
This course provides a broad introduction to the nature, capabilities, and limitations of computing. Topics range from
- the way data is represented and stored, to
- the way today’s computers work, to
- the general ideas of algorithms and computational efficiency, to
- the future of computing.
It covers “Great Ideas” across various areas of the field, including, for example,
- cryptography and internet security,
- problem solving,
- modeling and simulation, and
- artificial intelligence.
Course catalog link: