IS 309 · Computers and Culture
IS 308 · Race, Gender and Info Tech
CMN 338 · Relationships and Technologies
INFO 325 · Social Media and Global Change
This course draws on case studies from across the globe to explore the wide-ranging transformation taking place, from how people organize mass uprisings, to ways the mange the most intimate details of their lives. Examples will be taken from the Middle East, East Asia, Africa, Latin America, the US and Europe.
INFO 326 · New media, culture, & society
Digital media is an immensely pervasive and powerful form of communication that despite its rapid growth has yet to reach most of the world’s population.
- This lecture-based survey course for undergraduates traces
- the history and formation of personal computing and the Internet,
- the development of virtual communities and virtual worlds,
- evolving forms of digital representation and communication, igital visual cultures,
- features of new media industries, and
- the rise of participatory media.